We need noise

Drayla

We need noise

Post by Drayla »

All of our activities that would be quite loud IRL are much too quiet in CLOK. I believe activities such as mining, forging, firing a gun, etc. should be heard in nearby rooms, not just the immediate area. Also, the towns seem pretty dead. I know there are supposed to be crowds of people and some places can be loud, but I'd like to see some random flavour in towns to support that, like the random text that occurs periodically just inside Shadgard's mine. I just think the sounds could use a boost to help with immersion. We know what everything looks like, but I still find myself wondering what exactly is going on around me.
Aerotine

Re: We need noise

Post by Aerotine »

I can understand this. I'll second the idea.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Militia and miners and such used to wander around Shadgard, but people complained that it was too noisy and interfered with RP.

I love room and NPC scripts. I they can really bring a place to life, but the issue is coming up with enough of them so that it's not the same couple of messages over and over. Not against the idea at all, just explaining how it's difficult and why it isn't more common (yet!).
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

And it exists in Keth!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

They are in certain places, but I agree that they get repetitive after time, especially if you spend a lot of time in a room.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rithiel wrote:They are in certain places, but I agree that they get repetitive after time, especially if you spend a lot of time in a room.
Rithiel is right.

If such flavour texts do get put in, I hope they appear only once every four or five minutes or so, I guess I'd like to see the frequency of those ambient texts in Keth reduced.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

Yeah, I'm not saying I want something to show up every few seconds, just periodically, as if you were looking out into a real crowd. You wouldn't notice everything, just one or two certain things every few minutes. Also, a side note, if the towns really are crowded, instead of [name] walks in from the [direction], wouldn't [name] emerges out of the crowd from the [direction] make a bit more sense? That might just be bit silly though.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”