Pocket capacity for lockbox coats, cloaks, etc

Kent

Pocket capacity for lockbox coats, cloaks, etc

Post by Kent »

Usually the greatcloaks and raincoats that come out of a locked box are of an undesirable colour, condition, fabric, etc. But once in a while a desirable garment is in one of those coffers.

Except, I've noticed, none of them seem to have any pockets (The forest-green leather raincoat is not a container is the message we get).

Could we have a 75% chance that there be a container capacity in these garments?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Re: Pocket capacity for lockbox coats, cloaks, etc

Post by Rias »

Okay, the following loot items should now have small pockets and be closeable: cloak, longcloak, greatcloak, coat, longcoat, greatcoat, jacket

The following loot items should now have tiny pockets: pants, trousers, breeches

If anyone has one of these already existing that doesn't have pockets, mail it to me and I'll fix it and send it back. If anyone knows of shops selling them that don't have these properties, report it with the bug command in-game while at the shop's location, please. If anyone has further recommendations for articles that should be pocketed but aren't, post them here.
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:
The following loot items should now have tiny pockets: pants, trousers, breeches

If anyone has one of these already existing that doesn't have pockets, mail it to me and I'll fix it and send it back.
Thank you for that Rias, and nice touch with the trousers pockets, makes a lot of sense.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote: If anyone has further recommendations for articles that should be pocketed but aren't, post them here.
The 'mantle' at the clothing shop in Mistral Lake has pockets, could mantles be included?

(By the way, in the old days, did men wear mantles. or only ladies? Does anyone know?)

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Kent wrote:By the way, in the old days, did men wear mantles. or only ladies?
According to Wikipedia, "the term describes a long, loose cape-like cloak worn from the 12th to the 16th century and during the American Civil War by both sexes, although by the 19th century, it was used to describe any loose-fitting, shaped woman's outer garment similar to a cape."

I don't know exactly how CLOK's setting relates to Earth culture, especially as far as 'in the old days' is concerned, but I guess mantles can be considered unisex. Call it a cape if you prefer.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Blitz wrote:
Kent wrote:By the way, in the old days, did men wear mantles. or only ladies?
According to Wikipedia, "the term describes a long, loose cape-like cloak worn from the 12th to the 16th century and during the American Civil War by both sexes, although by the 19th century, it was used to describe any loose-fitting, shaped woman's outer garment similar to a cape."

I don't know exactly how CLOK's setting relates to Earth culture, especially as far as 'in the old days' is concerned, but I guess mantles can be considered unisex. Call it a cape if you prefer.
Two other terms come to mind...'girdle' and 'purse' - in old literature, you see men using them, but probably after the 1800's, women only used them.

Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote: If anyone has further recommendations for articles that should be pocketed but aren't, post them here.
A kilt is traditionally worn with a fur pouch called a 'sporran', to hold tiny items. For game purposes, could the kilt for sale be considered to have the sporran included, and thus be pocketed?

Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

This is only my opinion but a kilt itself shouldn't be pocketed. I'm sure we can make a sporran item to be worn with the kilt and have that have small pockets, but the kilt was typically the plaid of your clan that was wrapped around your legs and secured with a belt/sporran.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I agree with Zoiya. We have belts and beltworn stuff, so it doesn't really make sense to have a sporran as part of the kilt.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, you can skip over to the general store and buy yourself a belt pouch to go with your kilt.
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Rias wrote:Okay, the following loot items should now have small pockets and be closeable: cloak, longcloak, greatcloak, coat, longcoat, greatcoat, jacket

If anyone has one of these already existing that doesn't have pockets, mail it to me and I'll fix it and send it back. If anyone knows of shops selling them that don't have these properties, report it with the bug command in-game while at the shop's location, please.
I just manufactured my first clothing item from leather, a leather greatcloak. It has no pocket capacity ("A quality leather greatcloak is not a container.")

Presumably this pocketlessness is still true for the breeches, trousers, pants, longcoat, jacket, cloak, and longcloak that players can craft. Could this be added to the 'to do' list?

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”