Dwaedr wyr guild services

xavier

Dwaedr wyr guild services

Post by xavier »

First let me apologise for ugliness to formatting here but this is literally my tenth forum post ever, anywhere.
So I was thinking about how the Dwaedr wyr only have training to spend their recognition points on and how they are stacking up faster than i could ever spend them as I play. I figured any sort of guild services the Dwaedr wyr would be able to use would be directly related to combat in some way or another so I came up with the following.
1. Being able to use recognition points in the healer's cottage in the Dwaedr wyr area instead of riln.
2. having a series of weapon schematics that would still require a blacksmith of sufficient skill level to create but these particular weapons would be slightly better than the other weapons said blacksmith could produce.
Example: excellently forged claymore by a player blacksmith can have up to 14% increase, the special schematic you could purchase with say 10000 recognition points would be a no fail, based on skill of forger weapon that is up to 20% increase or something. It would be a one use item and wouldbe used up at the end of the forge regardless of actual output and quality of the weapon in question. Hope that makes sense.
3. for the cost of recognition points have special non mechanically advantageous items such as wilderness gear and for lack of a better way to put it, role play items only available to the Dwaedr wyr members. Bedroll, blankets, clothing, jewelry or whatever, i hoep you get the point there.
While I understand that the Dwaedr Wyr are a combat oriented guild there seems to be little to no focus on the rp aspect of the guild and I think it would be a great way to exploit that. Anyway, any other suggestions of stuff to spend recognition points on in the guild are quite welcome, just keep in mind the focus.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rias
DEV

Re: Dwaedr wyr guild services

Post by Rias »

I like the idea of spending rec on healing at Nordis' cottage.

Regarding the weapon schematics, I'm not sure how the schematics would suddenly poof or the blacksmith forget the after one crafting. Dwaedn Wyr do sell some unique weapon types in their arms shop (claidhmores, bear-paws). Outsiders, don't even think about asking for a Dwaedn to get one for you. If that ever happened, it would not end well for either party.

You didn't mention the totems along the climb to the Longhouse, so I'm guessing you don't know about those. Try honoring one sometime.

Some ideas that are in my notes but haven't been worked on or completed yet:
- Totem shop - Sell various small wearable totems and similar things, mostly RP, possibly some very minor effects on some.
- Combat ring - Fight with other Dwaedn to test and prove your prowess!
- Special fur armor leatherworking - Don't want to reveal more about it at the moment.
- Trophy mounting in the Grizzly Den - There are already some up there, go check them out if you haven't already!
- Drinking contests in the Grizzly Den - Because how would that not be awesome?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Rias wrote:Dwaedn Wyr do sell some unique weapon types in their arms shop (claidhmores, bear-paws). Outsiders, don't even think about asking for a Dwaedn to get one for you. If that ever happened, it would not end well for either party.
Ehem. Don't make an alt just to get them, either. It will not end well for you.
xavier

Post by xavier »

as to how the schematics could be made one use only have a the dwaedr wyr throw them into the fire after the forging is finished, sure the blacksmith in theory would be albe to remember it but they'd not have the instructions anymore and thus any weapon made after the fact wouldn't be as good as the dwaedr wyr schematic one. I knew about the totems just never thought to try and honor them thanks for the .advice
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

Brawls in the Grizzly Den!