Polishing the Trader's Cart experience

Lemuel

Polishing the Trader's Cart experience

Post by Lemuel »

I was wondering if the GM's would consider an overhaul of the Trader's Sales Carts.

The reason I bring this up, is that the items for sale in those carts are essentially the 'crown jewels' of Arad; ie. for the most part, the most expensive items available in any store.

But the role-playing experience is more like buying from a coal cart. So I've illustrated some sample improvements below:

Current Experience: a rickety pine sales-cart
Suggested Experience: a polished rosewood sales-cart

Current: An assistant steps over to answer your questions about the wares for sale.
Suggested: The sales associate Jules steps over to answer your questions about the fine wares for sale.

Current Experience:
You ask an assistant for the details on an exquisite iron shortsword with a brass hilt.
The assistant looks over an exquisite iron shortsword with a brass hilt.
He turns tells you, 'This is made of iron, weighs 2 pounds. It will cost you 2500. You want to buy it or not?'
To buy this item, type order confirm.

Suggested Experience:
You ask Jules for the details on an exquisite iron shortsword with a brass hilt.

"This beauty will serve you well in combat. Truly a work of art."

You notice nothing unusual about the blade aside from Collins's crafting mark.
It is a medium-sized item, mainly made of iron.
It could be hurled in combat, its effectiveness dependent on your Hurl Weapon skill.
It could be wielded in melee combat with one hand, its effectiveness dependent on your Swords skill.
It feels of average balance, and you figure you could get up to 3 strikes per attack with it.
It would give you a slight advantage at parrying incoming blows.
It appears to be in good repair.
It appears to be of superior quality.
It weighs 2 pounds.

Cost: 2500 riln.
If you want to buy it now, type order confirm.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”