Blunted practice arrows for players

Lun
CLOK Patron

Blunted practice arrows for players

Post by Lun »

So I noticed we have wooden swords, daggers, and an assortment of other items we could use for training weapons skills, but nothing for archers. A sharpened point arrow still does a lot of damage, enough to kill with (and I can't just shoot a twig at them, I've tried.) Would it be possible to sell the blunted practice arrows in archery stores for sparring with other players? The other day I was sparring with Blitz, but decided against attacking him because all my arrows were lethal while he just took playful jabs at me.

tl;dr, I want to shoot people without harming them.
Blitz

Re: Blunted practice arrows for players

Post by Blitz »

Feh! My playful jabs are lethal too! Bring your best, puny hyuumin!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Tough. Even a blunt arrow will do large amounts of damage to a human person. They would get very bad bruising. And that's with a simple 30 pound arrow. If your using a longbow the lightest they come at is 50 pounds. That's an arrow of say 100 grams being fired with the force you need to lift roughly 50 pounds of the floor to the height of the arrow. Even a blunt arrow will do damage especially if you hit the head.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

We could give you a toy-bow. A weaker pull and an inch of plate metal might save my innards.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Wear straw armour... That might work better. 12 pound draw and the arrows would simply bounce of even if they're sharpened. Tightly packed straw. Although that might look a wee bit comical and a Pyro who's in a bad mood and decides to take it out on you would burn the armour straight off.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I was thinking about the blunted arrows the young snipers shoot. Those do anywhere from 1-5 damage maximum.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

It would be nice if - instead of shooting your fellow man to practice - you could shoot targets. Obviously those would need a cap on them since they're not moving objects. But this goes back to training dummies which were removed for good reason. Honestly, the blunted arrows those snipers use probably have giant pads on the end instead of actual arrow tips because the damage is ridiculously low. I can't really see someone being willing to let another player shoot them, even for training purposes.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I'd let someone shoot an arrow at me.. and then catch it right before it burrows into my brain. Then later, I would deflect a massive exploding bullet with my sword and die.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Feel free to shoot arrows at me as well. I don't get to use arrow deflection enough these days.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”