Infirmaries

Kiyaani

Infirmaries

Post by Kiyaani »

Since this was announced in a locked topic:

NPC Monks from the Church of Light will now show up at infirmaries every bell (hour) to assist in healing of the wounded, and will do as much as they can before needing to leave and rest. NPCs will flock to the infirmaries during this time as well.

Herbalists in infirmaries will now tend to any injured NPCs present. They will still wait for PCs to ask for healing, though this may change soon to become automated as well, and prevent PCs from bleeding to death in front of a healer.

------

While the monks I think are a fabulous idea to help when there are no PC monks around, I'm a bit concerned about the bandaging. I was under the impression that those injured people in the infirmary were put there to practice first aid on for starting players and this prevents that as the herbalist gets to them too quickly. I do like the RP aspect that the herbalist is actually doing their job, but is there going to be an alternate way to practice other than when you're personally wounded or can we make it so the herbalist will only bandage someone who has been in there for x time or is bleeding out etc.
Gad

Re: Infirmaries

Post by Gad »

I would say give the infirmary healers a RT since they currently do not have one like players do so we could at least try to bandage some of the NPC's. Hildibrand is pro! I watched him place 6 bandages in 4 seconds. This also messed with Gad's current RP situation since he was trying to help heal with first aid and he is no longer useful with how the current mechanic is in the infirmaries.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

If the NPC herbalists have no roundtime, that's a bug. The mechanic will be tweaked to help accommodate bandagers while still showing the healers actually do their job of healing the townsfolk.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Much appreciated!
Gad

Post by Gad »

Awesome.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Um... haven't been around much lately so just wanted to clarify: NPC monks aren't coming to the outpost, are they?
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I haven't noticed any there, but I haven't been in the outpost on the hour lately.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

They would, if Corvites weren't bigoted meanie stinkheads who refuse the help.

(Concise answer: No.)
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Help who?
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

If you want to implement them there, I'd be happy to perform a couple of ambushes! It would give me something to do.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”