Ignore feature and IRC channel

Barius

Ignore feature and IRC channel

Post by Barius »

Currently, a player can ignore a specific player in game and not hear from them OOCly at all. With the presence of the IRC channel crossover, someone can easily get around that feature. The solution might be to check option 14, which toggles off output of the IRC channel into the in-game OOC channel. However, that shuts out all IRC channel communication which may not be the ideal result. Is there any way to solve this?

The fact that IRC users can easily swap nicknames obviously presents an issue, so I'm not sure what solutions can be had, but I'd rather not see option 14 being the only solution.
Rias
DEV

Re: Ignore feature and IRC channel

Post by Rias »

There's no easy fix for it. If someone is being a serious problem, send an email to clok@contrarium.net and we'll do what we can to handle it.
Barius

Post by Barius »

I assumed this would be the case. There hasn't been any serious issues, I just wish there were certain persons whose text I could completely avoid seeing altogether, without worrying of them being on IRC and getting around the ignore. Because there are certain topics I really do not want to see discussed on a fairly constant basis, but it's not something that warrants GM involvement.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

What client do you use? If you use C or Z mud I can tell you a trigger to mute a person

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”