A New Mentor Lounge Area Proposal

Lysse

A New Mentor Lounge Area Proposal

Post by Lysse »

This is a proposal for an expansion to the OOC Mentor’s Lounge. It would be an area separate to the Battle Arena, accessible from the Mentor’s Lounge area. In order to enter this area, a person would have to be following a Mentor (this would be to facilitate PCs that don’t want to reveal skill rolls or guild abilities to Non-Mentors).

Before I explain what this area would be, I should explain what it would not (ideally) be. It would not be an area in which skills are raised. It would not be an area for advanced players to fight. It would not be a ‘fighting arena’. This area would be purely to teach new players the different ins and outs of the MUD.

It would be, ideally, a relatively small area. It would include a single (low skill threshold) water room, a climbable room (with a similarly low skill threshold), an Urban room, a Forest Room, and a room with low light. In each of the Urban, Forest, and Low Light rooms, there would be a button that spawn a single low skill, non-aggressive critter that only fights when provoked. When the critter is killed, it disappears, leaving no loot or body. Death for PCs in this area should (ideally) act similar to the Arena.

This area would be purely for showing Newbies to the game how some of the more basic parts of the MUD work. Things like combat in a safe environment, wilderness travel, stealth and perception in terms to combat could be taught there. It would also be nice if we could forage for sticks to build campfires and perhaps catch fish to show them basic survival skills to.

This would be sort of an ‘Advanced Tutorial’, where Mentors can take PCs to answer questions and teach them basics in an OOC environment. That way when I open the OOC Area, I can do so without worrying that older players will want to use the OOC Arena to play around, and have an area where a mentor can teach without as many distractions.
Acarin

Re: A New Mentor Lounge Area Proposal

Post by Acarin »

I like this idea.
Noctere

Post by Noctere »

It is done! Mentor's and their group can now climb the stairs in the mentor lounge to the new training area. Once you have gone past the training dummies through the moldy door, mentors can then use the CAST MSPIRIT command to summon a practice target. It uses the normal minion commands so it can also be DISMISSed.
It's not easy being evil...
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

The new area is very neat! Thank you for adding it, it's greatly appreciated. I hope to make use of it soon.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”