Bloody trail

lin

Bloody trail

Post by lin »

It would make a lot of sense (and be pretty damn cool) if a char that is bleeding and moving around left a trail of blood behind him. Pursuers would have something to go by, the importance of first aid would increase and it would be a nice and fun way to make things more realistic.

I'd imagine it more or less like this:

Code: Select all

Lin goes north, blood dripping from his wounds.

>l

A trail of fresh blood that tears off here leads north.

>n

A trail of fresh blood leads south and northeast.

>ne

A trail of fresh blood that tears off here leads southwest.

>search

You discover Lin, who is obviously trying to remain hidden.
Eraene

Post by Eraene »

[quote=lin]It would make a lot of sense (and be pretty damn cool) if a char that is bleeding and moving around left a trail of blood behind him. Pursuers would have something to go by, the importance of first aid would increase and it would be a nice and fun way to make things more realistic.

I'd imagine it more or less like this:

Code: Select all

Lin goes north, blood dripping from his wounds.

>l

A trail of fresh blood that tears off here leads north.

>n

A trail of fresh blood leads south and northeast.

>ne

A trail of fresh blood that tears off here leads southwest.

>search

You discover Lin, who is obviously trying to remain hidden.
[/quote]

While not identical, this is a lot like an idea I had. The only thing I was going to say was leaving blood wherever you go if you have bleeding, unbandaged wounds would add an interesting level of realism.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Considering how large each room is supposed to be, I'm not sure this would work unless you're searching for a trail or in a city. We already have a guild that uses tracking so this might work for them.
Kent

Post by Kent »

I agree with Lin here, cool idea, hope to see it in action. Kiyaani has a good point too, harder to see in a vast forest or hills, etc. room, but if you're travelling along a wilderness road (with the reduced roundtime), the bloodstains are going to be on the road.

As a secondary consideration (which I thought of because I just now dragged the corpse of a guard into the church for burial), a trail of blood be left when dragging a corpse that died with bleeding wounds.

>search

You discover Lin (badly wounded, lying down, unconscious), who was obviously trying to remain hidden.
Last edited by Kent on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”