Minor Hiding and Speech Rework

Marauder

Minor Hiding and Speech Rework

Post by Marauder »

So I've seen at least two people hold full on conversations while hidden. This should have a chance, per use of "say" to reveal you to someone in the room, granted they roll a moderately easy perception check. It should also be impossible to figure out someone's location this way if they are using Soundpulling actively, and it should be MUCH easier to find someone if they speak while hidden if there's nothing around for them to hide behind.

How hard is it to judge someone's location by the direction of their voice? Not very, unless they're an agent using Soundpulling, in which case it should, technically, be almost impossible if not completely so.

Edit: Chameleon should follow the same rule as Soundpulling, since it's a pretty potent form of stealth.
Last edited by Marauder on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Why can't we chalk it up to pure skill? That's pretty potent too.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

You'd have to constantly move from hiding spot to hiding spot to keep someone from noticing you eventually, which is my whole point, especially if the person is on a road through the plains.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

The only thing this will do is make me attack people on sight without getting to know them first. I'm just saying this from a motivation perspective... It will essentially penalize rp and I don't think it's practical for implementation. Also, if you check the description of stealth, I don't think that we're always simply sitting in a hiding spot waiting to be found.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”