"Nickname" Command Idea

Marauder

"Nickname" Command Idea

Post by Marauder »

This would be, hopefully, relatively easy to make. A command to set nicknames for items and mobs, allowing us to name our weaponry, for example, and to allow easier targeting when attacking similarly named NPCs. Now, I don't believe said nicknames should show up to other players, just to the person setting them.

In my personal belief, this would enhance roleplay because you could set personal names for weapons that you've used for a long time or that have shown uncanny abilities, and you could name your familiar, horse, animation, whatever deserves a name.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I second this! I can't wait to have "faceripper, the ultimate ender of joyous times" as my sword.
Kenionatus

Post by Kenionatus »

You actually can set "nicknames" with a lot of mud clients. Just filtering the input for certain words and replacing them isn't to difficult. And I don't think, a lot of people use the web client for very long. (Please correct me if wrong.) On the other hand, clients don't know what is a command and what a object, which would make naming your sword "Kill" impossible. And wielding Kill sounds really nice. But I don't need it.
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

Yes, but what if you're trying to get two items with the same basic descriptor, or are fighting a mob that has the same basic name as your minion? You'd have to include the "your" or it wouldn't function properly, and you'd tossing attacks blindly. It would be much easier, for player use, to implement a command like this, and such implementations could give way to an introduction system, if there's ever a need for one.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”