Training

Tian

Training

Post by Tian »

An idea L've been having is that, seeing as now it is a system to check if you have trained that skill or not, why not have each lesson have unlimited time but will only get a set amount of bonus experience when under the training effect?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

A problem with this would be that once you train something, you would have to practice it in order to free up a new slot for studying a different skill, since you can only be studying 3 skills at a time. So if you asked for training in something, but later wanted to abandon that decision to work on that skill and train something else, you couldn't. Well, you could, but you'd be left with one less possible skill to be studying as long as you haven't reached that practice goal with the unwanted skill. I'd prefer to avoid that.
The lore compels me!
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

What about the ability to abandon training, now that we have the practice requirement? So I could train in archery, and it would be worth say 10 points before it ran out, instead of being on a timer. I could abandon that if I wanted to, but I would still have to get the minimum 1 point of practice before I can train it again. That way if I decided I want to train something else instead, I can still do that, but I'll still have to get that practice in before I can train archery again. This will help fix the problem of people not wanting to get together for roleplaying since they're on their skill training timer that they paid for and don't want to waste the money they just spent.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I think that sounds good. I'm always more hesitant to join other people if I know I'm on my training clock. If it was for a set amount of points instead it wouldn't be an issue.
Elma exclaims, "Let a woman rest, burn you!"
Elma hurls a bolt of flame at a limping infested merchant. Fireball hits the eyeball, vaporizing it and much more.
Note: Don't bother Elma while she's resting.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”