Stop the bleeding

Blair

Stop the bleeding

Post by Blair »

Here's an alternative to bandaging to stop the bleeding:

Light a torch, and use it to sear the open wound shut, or use it to heat the blade of a weapon and sear the wound shut with that. Requires less skills and may save you from becoming unconscious from excessive blood loss.
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

I like that. No more slipping in and out of consciousness!
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Oh no, you will.. Doing this should do 20 burn damage to the body part.. So good for non vitals that are bleeding.

I think this would be added as the GMs seemed to like my idea of clotting wounds with pyromancy.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Well, I want to be able to grind up some oyster shells and pour them into my wounds.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Cobwebs or glue maybe? Can I throw dirt on my wounds and risk infection later?

Trying to cauterize a massive open wound may not be the best way to stop bleeding...
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Jhieger

Post by Jhieger »

I was going to say. If it's a more severe wound, attempting to cauterize it is probably going to do more harm than good.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Cauterizing cthroat would never end well.. might just end up killin yourself.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Pro!
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Landion

Post by Landion »

That's alright Noot, I'd let you try anyway. :)
No longer GMing for CLOK.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”