PK toggle

Evelyn
Mentor

PK toggle

Post by Evelyn »

I'd like the option to be able to toggle pk on and off, this would be nifty for new people who just want to forage/get riln without having to worry about getting griefed/pked within the first few hours of playing.

Also would give people the chance who just want to RP and have fun not to get involved with PK unless it's an event if they don't want to.
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I think if something like this were put in, it'd be best for characters with 5-10 hours or less. After the 5 (or 10) hour mark, PK should automatically turn on. And if should be toggable in the first 10 hours, but once PK is toggled on, it shouldn't be able to be turned off again.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I, for one, would not like to see this.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I didn't think you would. But it's not nice for newbies to get attacked and threatened when they are just three hours old. I know it would put me off the game.
Last edited by Evelyn on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Something to protect new folks would be good. We like to think that our players would consider that killing someone shortly after their starting the game would have a high chance of causing them to leave and not come back, but that isn't always the case, so I think some kind of mechanical protection is warranted. It would disappear if they initiated a PvP action, though.
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

That sounds fair Rias. :)

PS When I say put me off I mean if I was starting out completely new and stuff. Nothing could put me off now, you are all stuck with me bahaha.
Last edited by Evelyn on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Can the toggle automatically turn off if they have a really annoying name?
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Like Raccoon? :P
Gad

Post by Gad »

::Player versus Player toggled on::

See you in game, Acarin.
Stop holding my character hostage.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Are you new Gad?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I'd leave pvp toggled on.

If anything should only be a penalty for beating up people significantly weaker than one's self. Much much sport for picking on the weak, mostly will have people look down on you for such.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

So would I. I was meaning more so for new people.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

[quote=Nootau]I'd leave pvp toggled on.

If anything should only be a penalty for beating up people significantly weaker than one's self. Much much sport for picking on the weak, mostly will have people look down on you for such.[/quote]

The PK toggle being suggested is for new people only. You wouldn't qualify Nootau.
Gad

Post by Gad »

You are not new either Acarin so why worry about this?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

[quote=Acarin]The PK toggle being suggested is for new people only. You wouldn't qualify Nootau.[/quote]It was in reference to Gad's post which I assumed meant that only you would have PvP on.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Because this toggle is obviously aimed at me as I am the only person nefarious enough to slaughter the new (as you all believe). I am however perfectly fine with it.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

You're right Acarin. There should be more Guilds which provoke pvp by rewarding it. (I am being serious)
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I don't expect a reward Nootau. I do it out of IC hate.
Gad

Post by Gad »

I do not care either way. My first post was a joke as to where I would toggle my PvP.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I'd leave my PvP toggle off. I'm a bit tired of all of you harassing me.
Gad

Post by Gad »

Now, that is funny.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I didn't mean to start a row, just something came up I was concerned about. That's all, eat cookies be happy. :)
Last edited by Evelyn on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Obviously there are some passionate opinions about this but I'm glad that everyone for the most part is able to remain civil while it gets discussed on the boards. =)
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

[quote=Rias]Something to protect new folks would be good. We like to think that our players would consider that killing someone shortly after their starting the game would have a high chance of causing them to leave and not come back, but that isn't always the case, so I think some kind of mechanical protection is warranted. It would disappear if they initiated a PvP action, though.[/quote]

Can this be looked at again? :)
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I'm all for it. A few hours of pk off seems reasonable to me as long as it doesn't interfere with rp, of course!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”