Now is the time

Rias
DEV

Now is the time

Post by Rias »

Now is the time for people to make requests and suggestions for game features! Do it now, before the game code gets too antiquated and GMs fear delving into it and altering it.
The lore compels me!
Sirridan

Post by Sirridan »

the one/two character aliases for directions need to be added.

I know e, w, n, nw, and se work. Just need to make sure all 8 directions have these aliases.

Also, would it be possible to have a up and down direction for the rooms?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Which client are you using when not all compass directions work in their abbreviated forms? They all work for me with TinTin++, MUSHClient and the java client. I tried them both with just the directions (sw, s, ne) as well as preceeded with "go" (go sw, go s, go ne). What messaging are you getting (if any) when you type in a direction that doesn't work?

I'm torn with the idea of up/down. They could be handy, but I think it would be better to add a portal or climbable item for what you're using to go up and down, so you'd use "go stairs" instead of "up" if you were going up a staircase, or "climb ladder" instead of just "down" to go down a ladder.
The lore compels me!
Sirridan

Post by Sirridan »

[quote=Rias]Which client are you using when not all compass directions work in their abbreviated forms? They all work for me with TinTin++, MUSHClient and the java client. I tried them both with just the directions (sw, s, ne) as well as preceeded with "go" (go sw, go s, go ne). What messaging are you getting (if any) when you type in a direction that doesn't work?

I'm torn with the idea of up/down. They could be handy, but I think it would be better to add a portal or climbable item for what you're using to go up and down, so you'd use "go stairs" instead of "up" if you were going up a staircase, or "climb ladder" instead of just "down" to go down a ladder.[/quote]

Good idea, I'll do that instead.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

[quote=Rias]I'm torn with the idea of up/down. They could be handy, but I think it would be better to add a portal or climbable item for what you're using to go up and down, so you'd use "go stairs" instead of "up" if you were going up a staircase, or "climb ladder" instead of just "down" to go down a ladder.[/quote]

But what about when you're on stairs, and you can go both up and down. For example, a staircase goes down to the landing, but I also want one going to the second floor. Go stair doesn't really work in this case, because you'll have to specify which one. In this case, I think it would make sense for an up direction.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

That makes sense. I'll toss in up and down directions, and just hope they get used appropriately.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Of course it makes sense.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
raith

Post by raith »

fix hidding as soon as you can is one suggestion i am making.
and some sort of armor system needs to be implimented
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'm working on a wounds system now, so armor will come in after that.

Hiding shouldn't be too difficult to bring up to date, so I'll get that done. Any suggestions on what all hiding should entail? Anything in addition to being untargetable?
The lore compels me!
raith

Post by raith »

[quote=Rias]I'm working on a wounds system now, so armor will come in after that.

Hiding shouldn't be too difficult to bring up to date, so I'll get that done. Any suggestions on what all hiding should entail? Anything in addition to being untargetable?[/quote]

maybe some bonuses to attack or penalties to defense when you attack from hidding not sure how you would code the check or if you just need to give it another command to work.
raith

Post by raith »

so ive noticed that outside of combat skills its obscenely slow to gaining ranks in other skills. ie stealth foraging and firemaking. i dont mind a bit of a grind but ive clocked about 3 total hous of hiding training and cant get the 5 more ranks i need to see the trainer again and get my 10 ranks that way. maybe letting sucess give more of a reward at first and as you gain in ranks have a diminishing returns begin to kick in?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, the numbers need some definite adjusting. I'll probably up the stealth skill gain a bit, but also add in some other checks that'll skill it up, like successfully ambushing and sniping without being seen. That way you can skill up in ways besides just hide, unhide, hide, unhide ... I'm sure that's quite boring.

Firekindling goes up slow, but it's honestly not a hugely important skill anyway. That doesn't mean I'm against upping the skill gain a bit anyway, though, particularly so you can get the ranks necessary to finish training goals. Thanks for testing and for the input.
The lore compels me!
raith

Post by raith »

no problem may have some time again at the end of the week. you could also make staying hidden without being found give you some stealth gains as well.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”