Scry

Lae

Scry

Post by Lae »

Okay, I'm going to make a long story really short.

In order to show me where Thaelsh is (can I just say that this place is kinda scary, okay?) we were underground. Jaster's horse got flung into a lake (didn't drown either, she's a trooper) and we went home figuring she was defeated.

SO we check both stables, nothing, where is this horse at?! Finally we troop back to the mines to check and find the warhorse in a lake.

What I'm really getting at here is ...

Any plans for a scrying ability to find something that you misplaced? People, bunnies...horses..Lars?

Edited to add:

Warhorses are pretty awesome. That is all.
Last edited by Lae on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Mummers will get some limited scrying-esque abilities for determining the general location of people who are connected to the ESP network, and Monks and Rooks will likely (not set in stone) get some situational soul-based scrying (again, probably not pinpoint-accurate). But nothing like "the other game's" locate, where you just "cast locate Bob" and find Bob whenever you want to. I always found that highly annoying that you needed a special spell active just so people couldn't constantly spy on you at their leisure, and honestly thought it was kind of cheap. Up there with teleportation abilities (which you will never see in CLOK. Ever).

As far as scrying for general creatures (including one's mount), probably not, because trying to specify which one exactly you're looking for out of all the creatures in the entire world would just be a supreme pain.
The lore compels me!
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

You really do hate those portals, huh?
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Lae

Post by Lae »

I like that, I don't like spies or easy peasy transportation either.

Sad about the horse part though, I leave mine in all sorts of places and always forget where.
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Mounts will eventually have an "attempt to wander home" AI if left out and unattended for too long.

As for teleporation: It is the epitome of cheap. Portals can be okay sometimes, if they are extremely rare and only in story/lore-necessary situations, rather than "I don't want to walk all the way to the bakery ... portal!" Or "this route usually takes weeks of rigorous travel, but now thanks to magic ... portal!"
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I might also consider an OOC command that checks to see if you have any mounts out there that aren't in stables, just for sake of convenience. It'd just tell you one is out there, not anything about where you might have left it. You horrible, neglectful person.
The lore compels me!
Lae

Post by Lae »

I played a warrior in the "other game" so it was pretty much walk everywhere and wonder where everyone was.

That said, I liked it.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”