Departing in a Retrieval Room

Kent

Re: Departing in a Retrieval Room

Post by Kent »

Tamsin wrote:
Kent wrote:
Tamsin wrote:As far as hard death mechanics go, Clok has to have the most lenient system I've ever played under, even with a five minute wait to just respawn and a penalty to learning that can be removed in a few minutes of grind.
A few minutes? What are you doing that takes only a few minutes? I have to work for about an hour to get back to normal.
Training combat while dual-wielding weapons. It helps if you are wearing armor, but even on my elemancer who does not wear armor this method produces the same results. :)
Hmmm. . I had been conditioned by the advice of a former GM to not fight while under a depart penalty because one risks getting killed again and thus stacked multi penalties. I may consider your method in the future.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Remember that death and depart penalties are different. Death penalties last 10 minutes and lower your skills significantly - thus making combat more likely to kill you. Depart penalties last until enough skill points have been earned. I wouldn't recommend fighting while under a death penalty (which may be what the GM told you) but once that's up, go for it.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Stack as much as you can for training at once. Most I can think of is... six skills at once. It goes so quick.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I just want to say some people literally have no other option to help bring the dead back to life but to bring them to Rooks. Sorry.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”