Gender neutral character options

RememberNehima

Gender neutral character options

Post by RememberNehima »

I'd like some, if possible. While just the return of COGG's option would be welcome, I would also specifically like to request an option using they/them pronouns. I think this would have broader appeal as neopronouns aren't widely used even among non-binary folks; it's an option for a minority of a minority.

I understand COGG's solution probably used neopronouns because it was much easier to slot them in and not have to worry about subject-verb agreement, but it seems like if there was ever a time for they/them support, it would be now when so many skills and abilities are being reviewed and reworked. I would be willing to assist in rewriting text if necessary. I'm also aware of a gender neutral text converter tool that rewrites strings to be in agreement automatically if that would be helpful.
Rias
DEV

Re: Gender neutral character options

Post by Rias »

I've been deliberating over this for a good while. At least for the moment, I've settled on just keeping things simple by sticking to the binary birth genders when it comes to game messaging, and characters are welcome to voice their preference during interactions if they so choose.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”