Simple Division (Metalworking)

Rosalin

Simple Division (Metalworking)

Post by Rosalin »

In some cases having alot of bars to cut down is a hassle. Now I'm not proposing a way to circumvent cutting entirely but, perhaps an item could be used in the furnace to streamline the process some? A divider for instance! (A slab of something between that 'divides' the bars in Lbs)

For instance I have four bars of bronze I'm smelting. If I put a divider into the furnace then when the bars are combines the weight is split in half by the divider making two separate bars of 8 Lbs rather than one bar of 16 Lbs.

With this kind of system we could work smarter (not harder). There could be a maximum of three dividers in the furnace at one time to make a limit on how small something can be 'divided' but, for making a bulk of certain weight bars I think this could be helpful.
Speaking to you, the mummer Mayhew says, "Do not pretend to understand the extent of my knowledge."
Sneaky

Re: Simple Division (Metalworking)

Post by Sneaky »

+1
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Noctere
Coder

Re: Simple Division (Metalworking)

Post by Noctere »

Smelting has been due for an overhaul but the stars never aligned for it to be done and the choice between overhauling smithing and smelting was on the table. Obviously smithing won out. Next time we might have a choice between something such as overhauling leatherworking or smelting... So you see the pattern here. But who knows maybe Jirato or I may have some extra time and weird things have been known to happen.
It's not easy being evil...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”