Cold is too severe beyond reason

Kent

Cold is too severe beyond reason

Post by Kent »

The cold mechanic in this game goes beyond sense. My character is dressed head to toe in furs and woolens, and still dropped dead of cold in a short time. The weather outside wasn't even 'freezing', it was still at the 'cold' level.

This type of thinking would make those northern cultures impossible, such as the Innuit, the Finns, and the Sherpas. These people would all be dead within an hour, no matter how warmly they dressed.

Let's make this northern living a possibility, please, and dial back the effects of cold weather on those well-fortified against the cold.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Kent

Re: Cold is too severe beyond reason

Post by Kent »

Note: My idea of dialing it back looks like this:
Note: My idea of dialing it back looks like this:

Character wearing furs and woolens in freezing weather: same effect as character in cotton clothing in cold weather

Character wearing furs and woolens in cold weather: same effect as character in cotton clothing in chilly weather, eg, no cold damage

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Siegmaer

Post by Siegmaer »

[Deleted]
Kent

Post by Kent »

[Deleted]

Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Personal attacks against others will not be tolerated here, topic locked.

I feel the freezing weather system and clothing warmth levels are appropriate as is, but will continue to monitor the situation to see if any tweaks are needed.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”