adjustment to Templar abilities?

mercer

adjustment to Templar abilities?

Post by mercer »

with the new rank, the one ability that actually helps you be able to wear armor better while channeling, is quite hi up there, which is fine I was wondering if we could get small increases with each ability or something as it is, trying to channel in heavy armor is all most impossible and with the round time from not yet having any of the channeler abilities could just as easily get you killed trying it hard enough to heal your wounds not to mention trying to blast nethrim.
Rias
DEV

Re: adjustment to Templar abilities?

Post by Rias »

Thaumaturgy already has a very significant advantage just by nature of being thaumaturgy, when it comes to channel drop rates due to armor - it's much less likely to drop than other types of channeling, even without the Serafina's Blessing ability. No ability required.

That said, it's still troublesome to channel even thaumaturgy in full plate. I'd recommend swapping out some of your plate with rigid leather or brigandine. Hands, arms, feet, and legs are all places where you can afford to trade out some protection levels in favor of better channeling, since none of those hit locations are vital.
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

honestly i sometimes just pull up two or three channels, that way i won't drop the channel and not be able to cast. though it is a energy hog
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
mercer

Post by mercer »

I'll have to give the swap a try, thanks for the idea as for the idea of using two or three, I tried that but it often drops less than a second after I've had it up in the first place and they'll all fail at once so they could all fail and I'm stuck with twelve seconds of round time then have to recast, which brings it back I didn't actually think of swapping out armor though
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Taking one or both of the Quickchannel abilities can also reduce channel drop woes, in that it takes less roundtime to open channels.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”