In-game note system

Tangela
CLOK Patron

In-game note system

Post by Tangela »

Hi all,

I have an idea, but I'm not sure whether it would work or is something other people would get much use out of.

Basically, I'm picturing a notes system in game for when you want to store something your character says to refer back to later. This wouldn't be logs or big events but short things your character says or does ic that give info on their background, morality, etc. The way I see it working is you'd say something in game, then type the note command, and it would copy the last thing your character said to their notes file, viewable again at any time with the notes command or something similar. Something kind of like a modified version of the ritual command I think, though not meant to store as many actions at a time.

It would be especially useful for characters who have been playing a long time or who take a long absence and want to be able to have a jot to remind them of something they said 3 years ago or keep quick updates on how their character's morality or beliefs have changed over time.

What do you all think? Is this doable? Is this something you all would want done?
Jirato

Re: In-game note system

Post by Jirato »

This comes up a lot, so I went ahead and added it. Just use the NOTE command in-game for instructions.

Note there's one minor issue where if you had a duplicate of the exact same note, and you enter the index value to delete the latter of the two duplicates, it'll delete the first one instead. I figure that's not really a huge issue though.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Re: In-game note system

Post by jilliana »

Thank you so much for this addition. :) Now that I know of its existence I'll make lots and lots of use of it!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”