Cultivation in inappropriate areas

artus

Cultivation in inappropriate areas

Post by artus »

Hello
As the topic said, I recently got a task to go cultivate in southbank, and it's actually not the first time seeing such weird places for cultivation like this. Funny enough, this task was given by Tse Gaiyan master, to...what? Help infested grow stuff?

For this reason, I really think cultivation should only target appropriate areas to prevent mistargetting. It's amusing to see myself getting sent to southbank to cultivate stuff, lol.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Bryce

Re: Cultivation in inappropriate areas

Post by Bryce »

If anyone asks, tell them the infested are ruining and corrupting the local growth, and you're being sent to try and restore healthy growth in the area so it doesn't give way to further infestation.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
artus

Post by artus »

Well that's possible. I just think it's weird to have in game text message telling you people have been harvesting * a lot. Who would want to harvest anything in a nethrim forest or a resen taritory anyway?
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Infested can benefit from herbs, so they're probably the ones harvesting it in their areas. Rooks get herb gathering tasks and probably like to study herbs that grow in nether-tainted areas. There could be a similar explanation you can give that the plants are becoming tainted or withered by the taint so you're going to restore healthy growth in the area with your cultivation task.

Not saying your request isn't a valid one, just offering IC explanations you can use in the meantime.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
artus

Post by artus »

Hmm, I actually never thought of that before. Thank you for pointing that out man.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

I actually very much like having cultivation tasks there. As has been said, it provides interesting roleplay opportunities. Aleari, for example, sees it as going in to restore more healthy life to a place that is lacking it. Trying to sway the balance of the Force, as it were. haha. A different way of fighting.

I think there could be a case made for giving a slight increase in druidry gain for cultivating in dangerous places vs "safe" ones. That is, places where the chances you'll face combat are higher than those that you won't.

It also makes sense for foraging tasks there that people might want to study herbs obtained from there to see if they can detect any abnormalities in them when compared to herbs from other areas.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”