Mob Riln and Reward Adjustment

Kiyaani

Mob Riln and Reward Adjustment

Post by Kiyaani »

I know that in the past it was made so that over-farming an area would reduce the riln and box droprates. However, I feel there are many zones that need some general adjustment of these numbers despite that change.

For example - riln and box droprates in low-level infested zones are exceptionally high, even when farmed out. And there is little to no risk due to recent changes in infested weapon quality. But someplace very dangerous like Bristbane is scaled much lower and has no chance to drop boxes to compensate (which is fine since why would random loggers out in the woods carry such things as opposed to people in a caravan or from a town?).

Just to be clear - I realize that CLOK doesn't have a system to scale rewards to difficulty and I'm not suggesting it should. I also realized farming riln and boxes shouldn't necessarily be the priority when hunting in a zone, but let's be honest, it sometimes is for players. And that's okay.

Some people might hate me for suggesting this, but I really feel that some zones are more balanced than others as far as what has the potential to drop and this can lead to exploitation of those unbalanced areas for riln gain - which is why the change was made to begin with.

This is probably a huge task, but if someone had the time and inclination, I think a review of all areas with humanoid mobs might be a good thing for the overall health of the game and encourage players to visit level-appropriate zones rather than farm-out low-level areas, potentially interfering with people doing tasks there or trying to train.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Mob Riln and Reward Adjustment

Post by Jirato »

One of my long term goals is to re-address the treasure system as a whole. I'd love to give players more incentive to do riskier things.

I'll probably make this a priority after the death system is in place.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Hakon

Re: Mob Riln and Reward Adjustment

Post by Hakon »

Making fighting viable as a source of income would be really nice for the pure fighters who aren't mercenaries!

A+

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”