Artisans and Tasks

Dorn

Artisans and Tasks

Post by Dorn »

So. Artisans get pretty early on, asked to do stuff in iron or steel. The fact is, in today's day and age, those two materials in terms of being easily accessible are rare as heck. Would it be possible to either make those materials more commonplace for your average Artisan to get hold of, or remove the tasks?

I feel like this is an extra hump for attracting new players to the game, because let us face it, they often become Artisans and this is a huge hump for them to struggle past. They can't access iron unless they're friendly with a certain faction, or have access to a player mine, or X mines (I'm not even sure if they can get it from wilderness mines), and the same for coal.

P.S. No one is ever happy.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
gralkik

Re: Artisans and Tasks

Post by gralkik »

I concur. With the restrictions on Mistral Lake's mine and the odd time you find iron in Haiban, coal seems to be extremely rare commodity. To almost being unable to locate it all together, ever since the player mines have been unoperable.
jilliana

Re: Artisans and Tasks

Post by jilliana »

One of the things I remember a former GM saying about the guild is that not everything has to be mined. There are players that keep things around and willing to sell as well. It's a matter of asking. Of course, the flip to that is that there aren't enough players logged in at times. Yay for board posts!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”