Denied Raising

jilliana

Denied Raising

Post by jilliana »

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't recall having any experience with this ICly.

As far as I understand it, if a person is not accepted in a town but happens to somehow, by some fluke, end up in said town and dies, there isn't a message anywhere stating that they can't be raised.

If there isn't a message, would it be possible that this be implemented? I don't know how it'd look for the church to deny it, but I'm sure the GMs would come up with something. It's just a little bit frustrating trying to figure things out completely in character because nothing is being said and when I check the 'who' list, the person is still logged in. Not only that, but it'd help some of us who have characters that choose/can't wait around for the acolyte.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Bryce

Re: Denied Raising

Post by Bryce »

jilliana wrote:I don't know how it'd look for the church to deny it
"Unfortunately, this person is known to be banished from this town on pain of death. If I brought them back, they'd just be killed again in short order, and that would do far more harm than good."
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Akila

Post by Akila »

When a player dragged Akila to Shadgard, they were told at the gate she wasn't welcome there, but I don't know if that was a GM controlled action or not.

Could this also be implemented for those who are tainted? There have been a few times I've known tainted dragged to a soul beacon and left, only then to stare at the bell repeatedly until someone realizes they're in the wrong place or they have to depart. (Unless this has already been put in in my brief absence in which case please ignore me)
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I thought I added some sort of message, but looks like I didn't. I'll see what we can do.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Done!

Code: Select all

startTimer = False
            pcorpse = None
            unraisable = None
            for corpse in place['contents']:
                if 'player_corpse' in corpse['tags']:
                    if 'permadeath' in corpse['tags'] or corpse['something_secret'] <= (non-arbitrary number) or corpse['factions'][place_faction] <= (other non-arbitrary number):
                        unraisable = corpse
                        break
                    else:
                        for client in factory.clientProtocols:
                            if client.loggedin == 'yes':
                                if client.character['id'] == corpse['id']:
                                    startTimer = True
                                    pcorpse = corpse
                                    break
                if unraisable:
                    for char in place['occupants']:
                        send(char,2,"A nearby acolyte looks at "+fulli(unraisable)+" and shakes his head sadly.")

[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Code: Select all

if corpse['name'] == 'Bryce':
                    for char in place['occupants']:
                        send(char,2,"A nearby acolyte giggles and comments quite favorably on the amazing hair of Bryce's corpse.")

ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Thanks J for working on this!

Someone remind me ICly to snip Bryce's hair should he ever pass...
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Good thing Clok hasn't invented scissors :P Poor Bryce.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”