Charge

Dorn

Charge

Post by Dorn »

I've always poked around with charge, and it always seemed like you just got 1 big old hefty attack, or at most two if you had a shield in one hand or an off-weapon.

Got told otherwise today, and tried shortswords.

Needless to say, it is supposed to be a charge and probably passing affair. Charging with 2x shortswords and getting all the strikes just seems dumb to me.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato

Re: Charge

Post by Jirato »

We're much more receptive to feedback when it doesn't contain the words "seems dumb". Just saying.

I can think of a couple ways to alter this, but none that won't result in completely gimping lighter weapons in charging. I'm open to suggestions.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Re: Charge

Post by Dorn »

Increase the difficulty of finding a chance to land strikes with the second hand?

You're supposed to be making a pass, not sticking around long enough by your target to be going toe to toe. There's a reason heavier weapons were used from horseback, and why in the mechanics they see bigger benefits already.

I'd be all for reducing charges to a single strike with your primary weapon, with a large bonus and an added chance for knockdown. Makes more sense than firing off a flurry of 3-5 strikes as you're riding past your target.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”