Church Services

Dakhal

Church Services

Post by Dakhal »

So I've never really thought on this before, since I've always played a tainted character from the beginning and thus could never know the warm embrace of the light. You know, doom, gloom and shadows are all there is for me.. right? Yeah. Yeah.

Anyhow, to get on topic it has come to my attention after speaking with someone about how they received the Rook raise sickness effect. Seeing as we're currently experiencing a severe drought of both Monks and Templars, this presents a pretty serious problem. One that's probably come about before and nobody ever thought to address it, or perhaps it was deemed that it wasn't important. But, either way, we're in a predicament here. With no PC Monks, the only real solution to absolving this effect is to wound yourself and hope an NPC Monk comes around to cast thaumaturgy at you.

Seeing as the Church is supposed to desire to help people and should definitely work against the spread of the taint, especially if a person expresses a want to rid it from their body- would it be possible to introduce a new mechanic to the Church NPCs? This being that you can ask them for a cure, much in the same you can ask the infirmary healers: and this would cure your illness effect specifically, the same way the infirmary does, rather than thaumaturgy actually being cast at them. This is to prevent people from using the NPCs as a means to heal their wounds as well. Of course, I don't expect this service to be free, but I also don't see the Church charging for it.. which presents a dilemma.

I admittedly don't know squat about the Church outside of a few vague ideas, due to the extreme time I've played a tainted character. Perhaps they would request a donation for their services?

I welcome others to present their thoughts on this.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Dorn

Re: Church Services

Post by Dorn »

Just embrace the darkness.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

The temporary taint component of Rook soul retrieval has been disabled until such a time that we can fix the bug that was preventing us from using it as a two-part spell that had a voluntary component to it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Just an update, I've been mulling over death mechanics a lot the past few weeks. It's a pretty massive project, but it's starting to take form. Could still be awhile before its implementation, but please rest assured it's being looked at.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”