Angry horses...

Tamsin

Angry horses...

Post by Tamsin »

So I am guessing how horses work, but it appears from my side that if you attack a horse you are put on that horse's "enemy list" and considered a hostile, and it doesn't fade or cease.

Would it be possible for horses to forget it, or even not have this kind of list? It's just inconvenient occasionally if you target a friend's horse, and horses don't automatically attack people so I'm not sure what the purpose of passive-aggressive horse hate is honestly :p
Kent

Re: Angry horses...

Post by Kent »

If you strike a horse or other pet once, accidently or otherwise, it's not going to immediately and forever forget your former friendship and forever hate you, as is the case in CLOK.

I urge the GM's to change this unrealistic mechanic, and make a horse not hate you unless there is repeated abuse, and if this is too hard to code, simply eliminate horse hate as the better of what we have now vs. zero horse hate.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Alternatively..

Let horses stay dead when killed.

I like this option.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Well it's not like every time you accidentally fireball a horse you kill it!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Fair enough. Perhaps the owner should be able to give orders to their mounts the same way Rooks can give orders to their familiars.

But I still want horse permadeath.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I realize this is a much hated mechanic. There are reasons though. I don't want horses to turn into "sparring partners" (Yes, some people used to do that...)

If you gain hate from your mount, just send us a REQUEST and we can fix it. (For any GMs reading this, gm cedit hate clear.) I know we've been kinda scary about it in the past with things like, "Well, we'll fix it THIS time, but don't let it happen again!" and so on. But, meh, mistakes happen. As long as you're not attacking your horse twenty times a week, I don't see a problem resetting it. It's pretty obvious what's a genuine accident and what's actual abuse when we look at the logs.

I'd rather deal with this on a case-by-case basis requiring personal GM interaction for now rather than just altering the way hate lists work for horses. Sorry!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

There are some abused horses I have wanted to rescue so bad. But thank you for being receptive and forgiving for when accidents happen.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Sounds good to me Jirato :D

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”