Spikes

Kiyaani

Spikes

Post by Kiyaani »

Would it be possible to make these impossible to extinguish once successfully lit? It seems a bit silly that you could just extinguish them as easily as you would a candle. Methods of removing them other than burning would be amazing as well.
Skjotur

Re: Spikes

Post by Skjotur »

Make extinguishing them require a bucket of water.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

I'd love to see these things become a whole lot harder to get rid of!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

+1 on the extinguishing.

It does make sense that they'd be easier to light due to that they're made of wood and then the body itself catches fire.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Burning a corpse to actually get rid of it actually isn't that easy. Fire blankets exist for a reason. Starting a fire strong enough to get rid of one with just some firestones that gets rid of it in a few moments is already pretty easy.

If you wanted to be realistic about starting a fire strong enough to get the point you couldn't even extinguish it with some effort, could always stack kindling and other wood at the bottom of a spike old school witch burning style.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I can tell you it's NOT easy to light one with firestones. It takes multiple tries with RT and loss of firestones capacity each time unless you have some super high fire skill. That means the person lighting them is already pretty vulnerable. I just assume they're extremely dry wood stakes so they catch easily or, you know, there's the whole suspending belief thing for playing. But once something like that is lit it shouldn't be that easy to put out.

I would be okay with needing a bucket of water to put them out. That way you still have an option and we still feel a need to put ourselves in danger babysitting the thing. It might also be good if it could neither be lit nor extinguished with someone 'guarding' it. So a guard option might be nice as well.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Either suspend belief with them, or make it realistic across the board. As it is, they're pretty damn freaky and crazy. I've also set fire to quite a few of them, I didn't find them that bad.

As for the guarding thing, that would be nice but honestly so far nobody has set fire to one with RP going on in the room without a long wind up to it with one exception and I only extinguish them when no one else is around. I suppose sooner or later someone is going to be a troll with the mechanics, one way or the other, but so far so good.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”