Pay-To-Weigh

Lun
CLOK Patron

Pay-To-Weigh

Post by Lun »

Although records dating to the 1600s refer to spring scales for measuring weight, the earliest design for such a device dates to 1770 and credits Richard Salter, an early scale-maker.

I wish we could pay someone to accurately weigh an item, instead of having unreliable hand-weighing. If I have something that weighs less than 2 lbs, for example, I have no way of telling how much it actually weighs. Aside from the handful of hand-crafted super fancy scales that some people have in game, could we get a method of weighing objects by paying to use a scale in a grocery/general store or a dedicated weighing store?
sona

Re: Pay-To-Weigh

Post by sona »

+1 , I've been using mail/bank appraises from weight, but I'm not even 100% sure that that is 100% accurate. It's just the best idea for weight I can get.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

So, I don't want to give away the exact technique, but there is a way to know exactly how much something weighs. You just need 20000 riln and a backpack. I'm sure you can figure it out from there.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Lun wrote:
Although records dating to the 1600s refer to spring scales for measuring weight, the earliest design for such a device dates to 1770 and credits Richard Salter, an early scale-maker.

I wish we could pay someone to accurately weigh an item, instead of having unreliable hand-weighing. If I have something that weighs less than 2 lbs, for example, I have no way of telling how much it actually weighs. Aside from the handful of hand-crafted super fancy scales that some people have in game, could we get a method of weighing objects by paying to use a scale in a grocery/general store or a dedicated weighing store?
That's not all, weights and counterweights for weighing balances go back to early Biblical times.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”