Tse Gaiyan Stables - too far of a reach

Kent

Tse Gaiyan Stables - too far of a reach

Post by Kent »

My beef is that my horse near Bristbane forest gets picked up by the Chapterhouse stable boy, and if I'm not mistaken, same if the horse is by the logging camp. Nuisance to travel that far to retrieve horse.

I would like to propose that the stable boy go no further than the entrance to that pass into Tse Gaiyan area. Haiban and Westbrook are closer to Logging Camp (yeah it was recently renamed to something like Tanglewood) and Bristbane Forest.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Sneaky

Re: Tse Gaiyan Stables - too far of a reach

Post by Sneaky »

There are no stable boys.
Please refer to the thread called
Things that make me go bwuh?
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Kent

Post by Kent »

Sneaky wrote:There are no stable boys.
Please refer to the thread called
Things that make me go bwuh?
Yeah, and there are no janitors either, just invisible janitorization.

Call it what you want, the code base, whatever.

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

at least it's not dwadenville
vidor

Post by vidor »

Makes sense that they'd have a pretty big sphere of influence and access; I mean, Chapter House is one of the largest non-city structures around.
Kent

Post by Kent »

vidor wrote:Makes sense that they'd have a pretty big sphere of influence and access
Would make more sense of they'd concern themselves with more pressing matters than stray horses that are nearer to Westbrook.

Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Kent wrote:
vidor wrote:Makes sense that they'd have a pretty big sphere of influence and access
Would make more sense of they'd concern themselves with more pressing matters than stray horses that are nearer to Westbrook.
It's not that they dedicate themselves to finding horses if I understand, it's that they reach very widely through some traditionally wild places, so they might notice some wild horses while traveling that others wouldn't, even if it's wilderness relatively close to a town. As for why they concern themselves with horses, well, I imagine the amount of horses available are limited as they are just as prone to dying to the creatures of the lost lands as anything else would be, and as they are a valuable resource I could see anyone passing by to pick them up or note their relative position for someone else to do so.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Kent wrote:
Sorry, this bothered me and I had to remark about this. The GMs have stated several times that the Tse Gaiyan is not only rangers and trackers. I get that you're being facetious about it, but I'd appreciate if you quit always saying "Oh, Tse Gaiyan should have other things to do than worry about x"

Anyway, if your horse is by the marsh, the Chapterhouse is the closest stable to it. Not Haiban, not Brofist, nor Mistral, and definitely not Shadgard. I'm not aware of it having a wide-encompassing horse retrieval system, but I'm pretty sure that's how horse retrieval is calculated (by closest stables)

Bristbane is either closer to Dwaednville, or to the Chapterhouse and I can't remember which.

Haven't tried the bandit clearing but I lost a warhorse there and it respawned at the last stable, haven't left it unattended there before.
Kent

Post by Kent »

I know that Tanglewood is closer to Haiban, but when Kent died at Tanglewood, the horse went the long, difficult and partially hidden route to the Charterhouse and not just north up to Haiban where we rode down from. Definitely doesn't fit in with a previous post by a GM (referred to by Sneaky) about the steed wandering over to the nearest safe spot.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”