Weight of Greathelm seems too much

Kent

Weight of Greathelm seems too much

Post by Kent »

So, when we forge a greathelm, we need 10 pounds of metal. No expert in armor, but this seems just too much.

A helm needs 6 pounds, and that's all but the face, could we adjust greathelm to require a more reasonable 8 pounds?

Thoughts?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Re: Weight of Greathelm seems too much

Post by Rias »

I think a lot of expectations have been set and coded around armor weights and the associated encumbrance they bring. So, if armor weights get lowered, I wouldn't be surprised if encumbrance thresholds did as well. (Bummer for people who don't use armor!)
The lore compels me!
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Rias wrote:I think a lot of expectations have been set and coded around armor weights and the associated encumbrance they bring. So, if armor weights get lowered, I wouldn't be surprised if encumbrance thresholds did as well. (Bummer for people who don't use armor!)
Oh noes
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Perhaps the solution is to make normal helms weigh 8 pounds and up the encumbrance thresholds!!!

Can we make armor weigh more?!? Please...
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Acarin wrote:Perhaps the solution is to make normal helms weigh 8 pounds and up the encumbrance thresholds!!!

Lets start the heavier armor movement acarin. "Helmets should be at the very least 40 pounds!"
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Kunren wrote:
Acarin wrote:Perhaps the solution is to make normal helms weigh 8 pounds and up the encumbrance thresholds!!!

Lets start the heavier armor movement acarin. "Helmets should be at the very least 40 pounds!"
This seems so reasonable, fair, and accurate! Why did I not think of it? This would put breastplates somewhere around 200 pounds, wouldn't you think?
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

All crafted items will eventually have their weights and values reworked. Including leatherworked armor and forged armor. That's going to take a a bit of time though. The crafting system is not very easy to work with at the moment, however, as lots of people have had their hands in it. In addition, weights are linked directly to the amount of raw material needed, which is an intentional balance so people can't just whip out hundreds of greathelms a day.

Storebought greathelms weigh 3 pounds, which I feel is reasonable.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Well, that's just it...with crafted greathelm weighing over 300% too much, it may
well qualify as the neediest item to have it's weight reduced.

In interest of fairness, I'll say 3 pounds might be a little too light.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”