Dead Count

Jaster

Re: Dead Count

Post by Jaster »

preiman wrote:let's not use people who don't want to wash as an example
Why not? If something so little could make somebody quit, don't you think something even more annoying could make more people quit? Simple logic.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Jaster wrote:
preiman wrote:let's not use people who don't want to wash as an example
Why not? If something so little could make somebody quit, don't you think something even more annoying could make more people quit? Simple logic.
I think the general idea is that MUD staff shouldn't be catering to people that blow up over relatively minor things.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

So, because they shouldn't cater to people who blow up over relatively minor things, it would be better for them to change relatively major things to give relatively reasonable people something to blow up over?

Well, why didn't somebody just say that to start with? It makes sense now. Relatively.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Jaster wrote:So, because they shouldn't cater to people who blow up over relatively minor things, it would be better for them to change relatively major things to give relatively reasonable people something to blow up over?

Well, why didn't somebody just say that to start with? It makes sense now. Relatively.

I'd suggest not resorting to logical fallacies in regards to an argument.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/assets ... herRes.jpg
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I sincerely apologize!

I don't think we need a "well we're just better off without those people" mentality. What we need is a "we should really stop and think about this design choice before we alienate certain populations of the playerbase" mentality. I trust the GMs and am sure they are weighing all options and using the latter mentality with regards to the aforementioned game elements and the betterment of this game.

Arguably, losing any player is bad for the game if they are active and participating in this community as a player, regardless of their possible lack of patience and disproportionate frustration with (little) decisions they may disagree with.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I've read and considered everything here. It's certainly derailed quite a bit though, so I am closing this topic. I'm pretty firmly against adding any sort of OOC information to track dead players. The death system (including ringing the deathknell) is still in development and I will consder all the feedback provided here moving forward.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”