Weapon Schematics

Dorn

Weapon Schematics

Post by Dorn »

A schematic of how to forge a non-standard weapon type. Consumed by a player, that either teaches them constantly how to forge that item, unlimited or for a specific amount of times. Assume the plans are very old, worn to hell, and the weapons are unusual enough that they do require constant reference.

I'd suggest using it only for non-Artisan weapons. Stuff they can't normally make, making them attractive to Artisans as well.

On the same side, I'd say don't release them one way. Very very rare loot, maybe an auction, etc.

You could easily say, "Well, it makes no sense a plan is only usable a few times, why wouldn't you copy it, etc." Well, all I'll say to you is, it makes no sense other people can't try and copy and learn from Artisan designs to try and learn to make weapon types they can't already or be taught by an Artisan.

This would be an interesting way to get some of the more unusual items out there that people might want, without having them mass-produced and everyone having one.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Rias
DEV

Re: Weapon Schematics

Post by Rias »

This is a neat idea if we can make it work RP-wise on the "only usable X amount of times" front. (Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion, and in no way means this will be implemented or even considered for implementation.)

I've always been a fan of the idea that any craft of significant complexity should require a plan or schematic of some kind rather than people just somehow inherently knowing-
-right, nevermind. Back to working on events.
Last edited by Rias on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The lore compels me!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I can feel the pressure...
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

That's what she said.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”