lanterns for post offices

sona

lanterns for post offices

Post by sona »

Now, I can understand the risks of having a big ole fireplace in a post office, but whether for the understanding of lighting, or the convenience of patrons, I think it'd be handy to have post offices that have a nomove lantern that's always lit. It's a convenience for people who receive notifications and letters they don't care about to burn them inside a lantern after reading. Just a thought...
Fayne

Re: lanterns for post offices

Post by Fayne »

The post office in Shadgard has a stove or fireplace or some such in it, I don't see why the others shouldn't.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I think there's a stove and stuff in there to help drive off the cold, as for the other post offices there's usually a trash bin or something pretty close by. You can either do that or just carry around firestones.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Or go to the communal kitchens.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
sona

Post by sona »

I'm not saying there's not alternatives, I'm saying that it's a reasonable request.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

sona wrote:I'm not saying there's not alternatives, I'm saying that it's a reasonable request.
We're not disagreeing with you...at least I think we're not?

Not just that but...I had this horrible image of the post office going up in flames. Putting things on fire is risky business.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
sona

Post by sona »

I'm not sure whether you were agreeing or disagreeing, but I don't believe the comments lent to the thread (don't mean this in a mean way). And to parallel that concern, If Shadgard's postoffice has a full out stove/fireplace in a post office (and aren't most of shadgard's buildings wood aside?), it'd be a smoking pile of burnt lumber by now if that was an issue- Haiban (and Mistral?) by comparison, I think are predominately stone buildings? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. The later concern of fires is sort of a different tangent, but I don't mind discussing that tangent here either.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

In any case, its something to consider. it may also be something as simple as adding closer trash cans or something to get folks quicker access to destroying letters/packages from the mail they recieve.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The Shadgard post office (and other public venues and buildings in the town overall) has the stove because it gets really cold there quite frequently. It's not meant to be a letter-burning device, but I can understand it being a thing that people toss their sensitive letters into it after they've read them and want to get rid of them. With a stove we can assume the person tosses it in there. With a lantern the burning object is outside the fire containment and could accidentally be dropped or involved in other accidents.

Other gurus can decide for themselves, but I can't really see post offices specifically providing means for people to light their mail on fire in their offices. There' a trash bin in the Shadgard office for those letters you want to dispose of. I do think it'd be nice if all post offices had their own equivalents of trash cans, if they don't already. If you prefer to burn your letter right here and now, you can use a set of firestones from your pocket, or the other alternatives suggested here.

Implementing a command to simply tear your letter into little pieces seem like a better way to go.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I think lighting letters or any paper with a firevoard and spindle is bugged. Things that I can light with firestones always returns an error whenever I try with Fayne, since she doesn't use firestones.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Rias wrote:Implementing a command to simply tear your letter into little pieces seem like a better way to go.
I like! :)
sona

Post by sona »

+1 tear command and garbage cans for all towns
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

If we can tear them up, can we get a skill for piecing the shreds back together so we can collect credit card info?
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I'm still waiting to be able to eat paper.
Vaylon

Post by Vaylon »

Jaster wrote:I'm still waiting to be able to eat paper.
I think you get enough fiber in your diet already. :P
"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy." - The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Personally, I'd consider burning of letters inside the Haiban post office an endagerment of public safety, and if I witnessed it in the Haiban post office I'd probably charge that person with that crime. Can you think of any indoor establishment where it's okay to just casually light something on fire?

I did add a trash bin to the Haiban post office. If you have something sensitive that needs to be destroyed completely, you're free to do it in an outdoor setting or another city.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”