Minor suggestions

Solaje

Minor suggestions

Post by Solaje »

A couple minor things occurred to me, so I thought I'd post them.

1) Bandaging bruises: I think this is awkward. It would be nice if there was some sort of cream or ointment you could rub into scrapes and bruises. It's really not a huge deal, but I do have funny images of my character sticking band-aids all over herself or getting wrapped up like a mummy. It seems excessive for bruises.

2) Teapots and brewed tea: Solaje wants an evil tea-party.
Sneaky

Re: Minor suggestions

Post by Sneaky »

I'd also really like to see pipes and smokeable stuff like tobacco etc. I've seen descriptions where people are doing this, and I think it'd be great. No mechanical benefits would be needed, just roleplayable props..
Kothar

Post by Kothar »

I agree on the bandages feeling a little off putting a plain bandage on a wound with nothing on it, but it feels like if we were to create ointments to put on, aren't we just coding a downgrade version of a poultice? Where would you get said ointment? If you could make it yourself, now you are gathering and grinding herbs into a paste quite like a poultice? Just my thoughts there. Not sure on a specific suggestion.

I also agree that smoking is a fairly well-used system in other games i have played in the past and good for RP purposes, you could even give woodworkers another thing to carve from small and medium branches (unlesds you want to carve a large branch into a hookah! Digressing, cigars and pipes are often coveted by RP players in my experience.

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to put your name on a farm, I have seen stakes in the ground with names so you know who's mine you are about to enter, and was curious if something like this can be done for farmland, particularly when several player's farms are adjacent to each other, I don't want to go accidentally grab someone else's food if we are growing the same thing because I can't put it back. :(
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

I was thinking an ointment for light wounds sold at the infirmary. It wouldn't be mechanically different than a plain bandage, just better RP. Like I said, it's a really minor thing.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

All of these ideas have been submitted before and are something we have spoken about. i do hope we rock the tea and tea pots. that would personally make me very happy.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Ointments and other healing methods beyond our simple bandage system are in the works. I don't think bandaging a bruise is necessarily bad, though. It seems weirder to me to rub something on a cut or bruise and not cover it with something (like a bandage) and leaving it exposed, but that may be a product of me being pampered by modern methods or something.

Brewing is planned, both for harder drinks as well as teas, but is realstically quite a ways off. Nelra has a teashop that you can use in the meantime - they dont' sell teapots, but they have teacups and tea, at least. I don't see Shadgard having a tea house or anything, but maybe Jirato could be convinced to put one in Haiban.
The lore compels me!
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

Thanks for considering all these little things. And thanks for letting us send riln in the mail, too. I just realized we can do that now. :)
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I wanna join the evil tea party, how evil do you have to be?

Also, thay sentence made me think of Spongebob. "Welcome to the Salty Spitoon, how tough are ya?"
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

Fayne has potential to be an evil tea party lady, for sure. :)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

order now 8
You confirm your order with Ennia and pay the 25 riln it costs.
You receive your white clay teapot.

EAvd>
order now 5
You confirm your order with Ennia and pay the 75 riln it costs.
Ennia fills your white clay teapot with fragrant chamomile tea.

EAvd>
get teac
You remove a deep white clay teacup from a squat oak table with your left hand.

EAvd>
fill
You pour some cloudy sepia liquid from your white clay teapot into your deep white clay teacup.

EAvd>
drink teac
You take a drink from your deep white clay teacup.
Flowery scents and flavors assault your senses as you sip your tea.

EAvd>
'mmmmmyes
You say, "Mmmmmyes."

Teapot available at the teashop in Nelra. Code was written very quickly, please report bugs.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

OMG Rias we love you

So when's that tea party, Solaje? :3
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

This. Is. So. Awesome. Thank you! =)

Soon, Fayne, Soon!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Regarding ointments, you can track the status of this request here: https://trello.com/c/hYs2sPNt

Right now it's in planning, meaning additional investigation needs to be done before code work is started, but it's definitely something we want to do.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”