more visibility with items on other people

Sevoi

more visibility with items on other people

Post by Sevoi »

I'm not sure exactly how far this should go, but I think quivers, sheathes, scabbards, etc. should show what's in them, or if they're empty.

Example:

He is wearing a dark leather scabbard (empty),

Or.

He is wearing a dark leather scabbard (a twisted steel handguard hilt is visible).

And

He is wearing a hip quiver (empty) or 'a hip quiver (with a handful of white-fletched arrows)'

Etc. Nothing to interfere with the sneakier guilds, just things that would be readily visible to people looking at another person. Since most weapons have hilts, I would think it would be easy to code that, I'm not sure about quivers though, or if arrows are able tohave different colored feathers.
jilliana

Re: more visibility with items on other people

Post by jilliana »

Honestly, I like how things are now. It's easy enough for me to determine what kind of weapon, or at least the category of weapon that someone is carrying just by the containers they have on their belts.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

what about in their coat pockets?
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

merin wrote:what about in their coat pockets?
One could easily hide something like a knife or dagger in a coat pocket, even a few arrows.

I'm not even sure if one can stuff a larger weapon in a pocket. I've never seen anyone start a fight and stick their hand in a pocket and bust out with a shortsword in the middle of a battle.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I don't know about seeing what's in say a
scabbard, but at least seeing what general type of sword is in it. say large sword, small sword, fencing sword etc. now i think you can see what's in a haftfrog, but there, i do think you should be able to see what it is, and the same for a pole harness.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”