Mistral Lake Barges

baerden

Mistral Lake Barges

Post by baerden »

I realize that the barges cant be sped up, because to do so, would mean that its loiter time would be halved and you'd be more likely to miss it.

That being the case, how about adding a second barge, so that the time is halved, without affecting loiter times? Each barge would land at the same time on opposite shores, and would cross eachother in the middle.

Sort of like this with the numbers representing each barge, and think of the | as the guide ropes.

Code: Select all

| 1 |    |
|    |    |
|    | 2 |

|    |    |
| 1 | 2 |
|    |    |

|    | 2 |
|    |    |
| 1 |    |

Kunren

Re: Mistral Lake Barges

Post by Kunren »

This is actually a pretty good idea, and would make sense, as long as there is room. More Barges=more imports and outports, which is good for the city, beyond simply increasing player convience. The Gms would have to discuss barge size and all that sort of thing first though, I imagine.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
baerden

Post by baerden »

Geez, you make it sound like my ideas are usually bad :(

:P
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Nah, I just came into the post a bit miffed because I personally enjoy the current speed(I'd be happy with anything but that ungodly slow speed of the early days), then I actually read your post, heh.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

This is a spiffy idea! Maybe Mistral Lake can have a donation drive to fund building a second barge, or something.

Something else we're working on that may make you happy is: having some private boatmen hanging around at either side, where you pay the fellow 5 riln and bam, you're off. No waiting for a barge required.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I'm all for some random resident of Mistral Lake with a boat to give them rich undying a ride across. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Barius

Post by Barius »

Rias wrote:This is a spiffy idea! Maybe Mistral Lake can have a donation drive to fund building a second barge, or something.

Something else we're working on that may make you happy is: having some private boatmen hanging around at either side, where you pay the fellow 5 riln and bam, you're off. No waiting for a barge required.
With all the "You should feel lucky you get a barge at all!" talk that's gone on, I'm surprised this is being considered! It's a pleasant surprise, though. I think it's a fun idea.
Sleilax

Post by Sleilax »

Rias wrote: Something else we're working on that may make you happy is: having some private boatmen hanging around at either side, where you pay the fellow 5 riln and bam, you're off. No waiting for a barge required.
Would it be out of the realm of possibility for these boatmen to take you farther down river for a larger fee?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

River travel (and transport) would be something super duper cool. I'll have to think about it more.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I would like to request the ability to parkour from one barge to the other while passing in the middle of the lake. Why? Because BAMF.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Jaster wrote:I would like to request the ability to parkour from one barge to the other while passing in the middle of the lake. Why? Because BAMF.
Darn. You beat me to it...
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

PAR CORE PAR CORE!
baerden

Post by baerden »

You could parkour off of it, but i hope you realize since they are moving in opposite directions you would simply wind up on the bank that you started out at.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

baerden wrote:You could parkour off of it, but i hope you realize since they are moving in opposite directions you would simply wind up on the bank that you started out at.
I don't think that would much matter if it's done for the thrill of it. I know I wouldn't care.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

baerden wrote:You could parkour off of it, but i hope you realize since they are moving in opposite directions you would simply wind up on the bank that you started out at.
I know I can't be the only one that accidentally misses the chance to get off of the barge due to responding to chat or a tell. Jumping from one to the other would solve that problem instantly!
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Pretty sure that jumping from ferry to ferry was something that I saw people do in Dragonrealms. Bunch of weirdos. What happens if you miss?
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Elystole wrote:Pretty sure that jumping from ferry to ferry was something that I saw people do in Dragonrealms. Bunch of weirdos. What happens if you miss?
All the more reason to fix swimming so we can get to land without dying.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

jilliana wrote:
Elystole wrote:Pretty sure that jumping from ferry to ferry was something that I saw people do in Dragonrealms. Bunch of weirdos. What happens if you miss?
All the more reason to fix swimming so we can get to land without dying.
You forget there is a lake kraken tentacle thingy in the inn in Dwaedn Vil, I'm sure there has to be more than one, and probably hungry. :P
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”