Tweaks to Dwaedn Skills?

Sevoi

Tweaks to Dwaedn Skills?

Post by Sevoi »

For Mighty Throw:
When you have bear's strength active, it would be nice if you could use the ability one handed (while using the other for a weapon/other). Since you can pull a wagon filled with logs with Bear's Strength, tossing a 130-200 pound enemy seems doable one handed, maybe.

Also for mighty throw - it would be good if you could specify if you're trying to faceslam them down to the ground (rather than throw them away); or if you could specify that you're trying to throw them in a certain direction. 'throw person south', or 'throw person faceslam'

For Victory Rush, I know the melee boost is good, but the energy boost could be better. In general, it restores enough for just one round of combat, or a little under. Not a big deal, but if it could be increased by a bit it might be better.
Kunren

Re: Tweaks to Dwaedn Skills?

Post by Kunren »

Though I don't have a dwaeden myself, these all sound cool. Victory Rush seems pretty similar to the mercs adrenaline Rush though and I think if the cool downs for the two abilities are comparable +5 energy is accteptable. It seems a bit underwhelming, but the boost is really nice in long or quickly repeated fights. Reduce the cool down or add to the energy boost and we could have people fighting for forever.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Barius

Re: Tweaks to Dwaedn Skills?

Post by Barius »

To be honest, I don't think a small increase in energy gain is going to allow that to happen. I haven't compared the two abilities to find out if they are indeed identical or even similar, but I know I don't find any use in Adrenaline Rush for the energy boost. It has another far more noticeable effect. In my mind, the energy gain is pointless. You're almost always losing more than that one small boost per round. So most of the time it doesn't even give one round of combat back.

As a point of reference, here is an example fight showing the energy boost at the end:
http://pastebin.com/J2WVUMDV

I've not doctored it to make me lose more energy per round than usual. I simply went into a fight as the character currently was, and fought a few infested. Sometimes the loss is smaller, but I've never seen it be less than five energy per round for any of my characters. In my mind a boost that small adds nothing to combat.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”