Emote punctuation

Barius

Emote punctuation

Post by Barius »

I'm aware ESP messages automatically add punctuation and capitalization, which I both like and dislike, for reasons I probably shouldn't get into.

Emote does not currently include this feature, but I'm going to suggest that it does. Thoughts?
jilliana

Re: Emote punctuation

Post by jilliana »

Barius wrote:Emote does not currently include this feature, but I'm going to suggest that it does. Thoughts?
I'm not a huge fan of this. Mainly because emotes are a bit less structured than ESP is as a whole. I'm not sure how to explain it really. I completely get where you're coming from though. It'd be nice if people did emote with a bit more responsibility, and that would include grammar and overall basic punctuation. It does shatter immersion for me if I have to re-read an emote more than than two or three times trying to get what someone was trying to get at.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Barius

Post by Barius »

All I'm really suggesting is a period at the end of an emote, if punctuation doesn't already exist.

It drives me nuts when people don't do that. It makes me feel like they hit enter too early and whatever emote they posted is unfinished.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Oh. I think we're all guilty of that at some point. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Barius

Post by Barius »

We are. I sometimes hit enter too early and that drives me nuts, too. I'd rather it do it for me than show without the period if I do make the mistake.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Wham, bam, done.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Awesome sauce!!
Barius

Post by Barius »

My hero!
Barius

Post by Barius »

Can quotation marks be added into the check for whether punctuation is already present, please?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

You people and your demands!

Done.
The lore compels me!
Barius

Post by Barius »

You're amazing!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”