My concerns about heave.

preiman
CLOK Patron

My concerns about heave.

Post by preiman »

I want to start by saying I like the new heave command, but i do have some concerns about it.
my biggest one is that it may make body retrieval difficult enough that few people will be willing to do it at all.
As it stands you now need at least two people and a cart of some type, though it really has to be a handcart, because you can't get wagons into most if not all places for raising. you also need two people as you can't take the body out of the cart on your own. Beyond that, there is now an expense factor to body retrieval assuming you don't just happen to have the cart on hand. I'm also somewhat concerned with how we might get bodies during events, from really dangerous places, and from areas you can't bring a cart.
That all being said, I do like the Heave command, it will let us get furniture bodies and other heavy objects without being restricted to only the one, I just wantted to raise some concerns I have.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Stranger

Re: My concerns about heave.

Post by Stranger »

I too like the new command but wish it did not disable the utility of the ol one man corpse drag.
You also notice the corpse of a striped badger.

drag badger
That's too heavy to drag. Maybe you could get some people to help you heave it into a cart or wagon.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Lae

Post by Lae »

^ This. Sometimes you don't have another person or a cart/wagon with you. Sometimes they're just not around, and rescuing people from very dangerous places is already kind of a crapshoot.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Corpses should still be draggable - that you can't is probably a math calculation error (although I was dragging corpses around last night for testing, so I'm not sure how this happened). Looking into that now. Heaving a corpse into a cart/wagon should just be the easier option with the possibility of multiples, while dragging by hand is supposed to be the less-convenient but always-available option.
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

OK thank you, glad we are not losing the drag option .
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Should be fixed.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

P.S. Adjusting critter weights (like that super-heavy badger corpse) are on the infamous to-do list. Most of them are just the global default weight.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”