new option: eople before description?

merin
CLOK Patron

new option: eople before description?

Post by merin »

Hi guys,

Often times I'll be running around and, I still don't know completely directions memorized so have the descriptions shown so I can see roads and landmarks and such.

I was wondering if it would be possible to see the people in the room before the room description, like this:

[Shadgard, Main Street] (OutUr) [semiarid] Chilly, Fair, Gentle Breeze
You happen to notice: Kent (riding a dappled white and black horse).
A tall, sturdy wooden wall spans the distance between the close canyon walls to the east and west, providing protection to the townsfolk from the dangers of the wilderness outside, a sturdy wooden #gatehouse guarding the only available passage. Built in the northwestern corner where wall meets sheer mountainside is a modest #barracks. A busy, well-trod road heads southward into the heart of the town, flanked by various buildings and venues, including a #tanner and a #carpenter shop.
Several people are milling about the area. The area is somewhat noisy.
There are some homes here.
Obvious paths: east, south.

This in my opinion would allow me to still see the people I need to see more quickly so I can do what needs doing (weather it's healing them or killing infested on the run.

I think it should be a togglable option, though.
TwistedAkai

Re: new option: eople before description?

Post by TwistedAkai »

I could support this as an option, though I believe there is presently an option to not show to room description until you choose to 'look', which might be preferable when you're worried about helping people.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Remind me to make this happen.
The lore compels me!
qinweiqi

Post by qinweiqi »

Haven't seen this in the options, so bumping this for Rias. Ya'know, with all that spare time he has and what not ;)
blindndangerous

Post by blindndangerous »

I have brief on, and only have it show me descriptions if I do a look, but I really do like this idea Would make it so I don't have to scroll up whenever I move as I know my way around, but I just want to see who else, if anything, is in the room with me.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"
Kent

Post by Kent »

Yes, I suppose especially when using screenreader, by the time you get down to the part about Kent being there on his horse, Kent has long ridden off into the sunset and any intended says or emotes are thwarted. With the people stated first, the player could sooner begin typing out, say Hey Kent etc. and avoid missed interactions.

I suspect everyone hates that experience of typing out a say or emote for another PC and just before you hit the enter key that person moves out of the room.
Last edited by Kent on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

that is part of it, but, if I'm going somewhere I would like to know who I see when I walk in. I do enjoy the description, though, so I don't want to turn those off, either. I do still use them to see what's around me and where I go.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”