character creation options.

preiman
CLOK Patron

character creation options.

Post by preiman »

is there any chance that things like basic hair styles, facial hair and tattoos can be added to character creation options? not suggesting that every or even most hair styles should be added, but it'd be nice to be able to say start out with a jagged haircut and a beard, or unshaven face. if in game i want that particular combo it will cost 2500 and put's me in a a difficult situation, do I spend a fortune making my character with a vow of poverty look like it, or does he continue looking like everyone else so I don't have to spend that kind of money on him.

as to tattoos that's another one, suppose your character wants to start out with them, again lets use my newest character as an example. If I want him to start out with tribal tattoos to represent his past as a warrior, but at the same time he has sworn off violence. I can't exactly have him go get them IC because the character I've created is already past that.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
DEV

Re: character creation options.

Post by Rias »

As far as I'm concerned, the magical growing of hair, changing of its color, and similar are completely OOC. Expect those sevices to disappear, with more realistic alternatives implemened.

I do want the options of facial hair and styling to be more available (via realistic, mundane means). 5000 riln to style your hair or have some stubble on your jaw is a bit wacky.
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I did wonder why Fasa characters didn't start off with a tattoo, or at least with the option of having one at character creation. This would be similar for other races that have defining characteristics similar to tattoos- markings, scars...etc.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
TwistedAkai

Post by TwistedAkai »

Rias wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the magical growing of hair, changing of its color, and similar are completely OOC. Expect those sevices to disappear, with more realistic alternatives implemened.

I do want the options of facial hair and styling to be more available (via realistic, mundane means). 5000 riln to style your hair or have some stubble on your jaw is a bit wacky.
+1 to hair and beards actually growing with online time and needing maintenance.
You also notice the corpse of a canim scavenger (x169).
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I demand a back hair option.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”