Socks and stockings are too heavy

Kent

Socks and stockings are too heavy

Post by Kent »

It took me a long time to notice how overweight socks and stockings are.

It weighs 1 pound.

May I suggest that 0.2 or 0.3 pounds be a more realistic weight for these light garments.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Re: Socks and stockings are too heavy

Post by Rias »

If you see items that seem like their weight (or anything else) is off, go ahead and bug it and include details of where the item came from (a shop, looted from a critter, etc.).

We don't have all socks tied to a specific template with a global weight, so some might be heavy while others are not. 1 is the default weight when an item is created, so whoever made those socks (very possibly myself) probably forgot to change it to a more realistic weight.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Or!!! They're special weighted training socks to help people achieve SUPER SAIYAN POWER LEVELS OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The lore compels me!
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Rias wrote:Or!!! They're special weighted training socks to help people achieve SUPER SAIYAN POWER LEVELS OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New guild items for Brotherhood of the Fist guild shop!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Brofists should go super-saiyan when they get drunk.
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

I looked at socks at Shadgard and Mistral lake stores, as well as at least 8 pairs of lockbox stockings and socks in pawnshops, and each and every one of them weighed exactly one pound. I could not locate a pair anywhere that weighed otherwise.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Skah

Post by Skah »

I just weighed a super thick pair of wool socks that belonged to my grandfather. I can't imagine that this period's socks were any heavier than these, since if these were any thicker I'd need to use a crowbar as a shoehorn or something. Weighed in at 0.6 pounds for the pair.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, CLOK's socks (rhyme time!) are definitely not intended to weigh a pound per pair.

Except the previously-mentioned Brofist ones for super-saiyan training.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”