ESP Pendant Channels

Stranger

ESP Pendant Channels

Post by Stranger »

Would it be possible to allow pendants to be able to hear any channel they have a crystal for but only be able to speak on the channel they are focusing on? The reason behind this is when you have a town, guild and gray channels all going on at the same time you may want to hear what is going on, on all of them. Also since the other channels now have a different color it is less likely to have them mixed up. It would also simplify the whole process.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Skah

Re: ESP Pendant Channels

Post by Skah »

My understanding is the reason for the current system (one channel at a time, limited length crystals) is so someone can't just steal a (for example) crimson crystal once and be able to listen in indefinitely. If you could hear channels you weren't focused on it'd either open those channels up to easy, indefinite eavesdropping (if the crytals weren't wearing out), or be really annoying and burn through tons of crystals quickly (if the crystals you weren't tuned to were wearing out)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

After thinking this over a while, I just don't like the idea that someone could just be tuned to every tuner they have, and be constantly "spying" on all those channels at once, just in case someone happened to use one at some point. It'd pretty much destroy the pseudo-privacy of colored channels.
The lore compels me!
Vertebrate

Post by Vertebrate »

I always thought a good use for crystals would be for tactical comms:

Dactor: ESP we're raiding the local rogues gallery, who's in?
(Everyone shows up)
(Dactor taps everyone's crystals with a tuning refocusing tool, everyone is now on same channel)
(Mission goes forward on Dactor's channel)
If there was a big PvP war you could kill opponents and take their crystals and intercept comms, unless they are using codespeak I.e. "alpha, go" "the eagle has landed" the thyril is in the sewer" etc.
Dactor

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”