Temporary storage for large items

libandil

Temporary storage for large items

Post by libandil »

First, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm not very familiar with forums, so please bear with any mistakes I make while I get used to this.
I was wondering about the idea of creating some kind of small storage shed or locker where larger items, such as player-built ferniture could be temporarily stored. Of course, this shed would not be big enough to store a wagon, nor would it be meant to replace the bank vaults. It would be just big enough to hold two or three larger pieces at the most.
I hesitate to try building something in a public place and leaving it there for more than a few minutes, like for instance, the warehouse in Mistral. I'm afraid the powers that be would get upset at me for using their space as my storage space without some kind of permission. I know, if I had a house, this wouldn't be a problem, but sadly, nothing but the suites in Haiban are available, and I'm not sure if one can get even a handcart in there.
So, I'm putting the suggestion out there. Maybe the sheds could be rented by the day, or else, like with wagons, a shed could be either rented for a lower price or bought for a significantly higher price.
Thanks for reading and considering this idea.
Abana and the rest of the bunch
Kiyaani

Re: Temporary storage for large items

Post by Kiyaani »

The warehouse in Mistral isn't actually a public warehouse if it's the one I'm thinking of. It's a person's residence. There used to be a warehouse in the old Coalition Headquarters so maybe something else could be added to Haiban - alternatively, maybe carpentry shops could have a back room to store projects in progress and just require a permit like lumber mills and forges.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I second the idea of a storage room inside the lumber mill/workshops. Since people would need a permit to enter the place, it'd at least prevent casual robbers from yoinking your furniture. Obviously, a handcart or workcart full of raw materials would be a dumb thing to store in there, but that's what bank vaults and player homes are for.

Also, when your carts aren't in use you can return them to the place you purchased it for a decent refund.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

This is a good idea. Even if one were to turn in their handcart for a refund, it would still leave the problem of storing an item for a temperary time. This would be a particular issue for a character like Abana, who is an artisan with no place to store her current or ongoing projects.
I was thinking it'd be kind of neat to have the chance to rent a workroom. There wouldn't be any type of amenities. One would have to rent it for a time and there would be limited rooms available...and of course, a maximum allowed time to rent the space.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”