Drunkenness

Elystole

Drunkenness

Post by Elystole »

Can we please have drunkenness added to the effects list and/or receive messaging as we progress through the varying degrees of trashed vs sober?

I ask because there's more to being drunk than just slurring words, so I like to know when I hit that point and can RP accordingly. And on the other hand, I sometimes sober up while still acting drunk, and I don't know it and my words aren't slurred. At the very least I could then keep drinking to make sure I stay tipsy.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
DEV

Re: Drunkenness

Post by Rias »

Good idear, although you trying to guess how drunk to act amuses me.
The lore compels me!
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

P.S. I was working my way through the menu at the Hanged Man, cheap stuff to expensive stuff, and noticed that the drinks don't have flavor text! How am I supposed to distinguish one tankard of swill from the other?

P.P.S. I hit drunk with Swampwater and wanted to pick a fight with the rowdy brawler at Thresher Ale. Well done!
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'm not a drinker myself, so I don't know what alcoholic drinks taste like. Suggestions welcome!
The lore compels me!
boriguard

Post by boriguard »

I also would like to see effects of drunkiness. I enjoy the rp, but, at times, it's hard to tell just how drunk I am or ain't, so, it makes it a bit interesting to figure out. Nice to see more drinks added as well. Thanks for that. Scotch would be good.
Better to listen and be thought wise than to speak and be proven foolish
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

Can someone post the drinks that need flavor text? My character is unlikely to visit a bar anytime soon but 1) I am quite the drinker 2) I also brew beer so I may be able to help out.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Here's the names, price (if that's any indicator of price or quality), and order description.
Creaky Gallows (5 riln): Our signature whisky.
Coffin Varnish (2 riln): Had a bad day? This powerful rotgut will help you forget all about it! Made with stuff we got on hand, so it's cheap, to boot.
Rattlesnake Venom (8 riln): A powerful whiskey to help get you through rough times or relax after a hard day.
Salamander Fire (5 riln): A strong, fiery whisky that'll set your throat alight.
Scarecrow Laugh (5 riln): Like the living scarecrows its named after, this stuff also contains strong dark spirits.
Swampwater (2 riln): A nice stout mixed up with everything but the kitchen washtub.
Thresher Ale (3 riln): Legend says this recipe is the preferred drink of the notorious Thresher Gang, the baddest bunch of Hillfolk anyone ever heard of.
Pretty Lady (6 riln): Some red wine for our more sophisticated guests.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”