Climbing and the climb command

Derik

Climbing and the climb command

Post by Derik »

The Climb command is very misleading. Sometimes I need to climb things and there is no danger in falling or the danger is so small that it's basically not there. Other times climbing is a death defying feat that will mush sooner result in my falling onto my eye (really how do I fall on just my eye :-p) and getting a major injury. My suggestion is to only use the climb command in movements that will require a skill test to achieve. This could also be paired with some kind of evaluation of the climb so I know not to attempt an Everest ascent with a skill of 0.3 climb.
Rias
DEV

Re: Climbing and the climb command

Post by Rias »

We use climb for a lot of things that don't have a challenge rating associated, but still make sense to climb (ladders, for instance).

That said, I liked the last part of your suggestion, so:
look staircase
You see nothing particularly unusual about the steep staircase.
It could be climbed without effort.

look arch
The arch slopes not too steeply northward over the rushing subterannean river.
It could be climbed, and considering your current skill and encumbrance you think it'd be a piece of cake to climb.

look path
The steep path looks rather treacherous, and could be dangerous to climb.
It could be climbed, and considering your current skill and encumbrance you think it'd be a fairly easy climb, though not without risk.

look rope
The purpose of this rope is unsure, though it is sturdy and knotted, and would be relatively easy to climb.
It could be climbed, and considering your current skill and encumbrance you think it'd be a good challenge.

look cliff
The cliff is steep and would be difficult to climb, but how can anyone resist it when there's a cave at the top to explore?
It could be climbed, and considering your current skill and encumbrance you can tell you'd have a really hard time of it.
The lore compels me!
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Very cool.
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

Don't forget the impossible to climb :) I see that a lot too! Although, it really is impossible and it won't let you climb it.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”