roleplay statuses

brandin

roleplay statuses

Post by brandin »

I sitting in the inn in the dwaedn vivll and was thinking. what is someone came in? all they'd be seeing me doing is sitting in a chair. so why not have a way to set an rp status like.. duking it out with a fellow dwaedn or.. something then when someone walked in they'd see that not just someone sitting in a chair? any thoughts?
Noctere

Re: roleplay statuses

Post by Noctere »

I like the idea but unfortunately the idea has been brought up before here.

To skip all the heavy reading I'll copy-pasta what Rias said about it. Perhaps Rias has changed his mind since then but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Sorry =(
Rias wrote: I don't like the idea of setting your own "room actions" as characters for a number of reasons. First, it'll make the room occupants list really really long if there are multiple people with set "actions". Second, I can't help but think of all the times these "actions" shouldn't be long-term enough to require something beyond a simple emote as we have them now. I think every example has been about leaning against something, but beyond that, is there anything you're going to be doing, constantly, despite anything and everything that may be going on around you? For instance, from one of the examples above: Rias (leaning against the counter, humming to himself). How long am I really going to be humming myself? Am I going to remember to clear or cancel that the next time I talk, or take a drink, or whatever? This could be just as easily conveyed with an emote: (Rias leans against the counter, humming to himself.) Sure, someone might show up in the next 5 seconds and not know that I was specifically leaning against the counter and humming to myself, but I'd prefer that to people setting and leaving these actions for silly amounts of time and forgetting to clear them when they should have realistically been interrupted by some action that occurred in the room, performed either by the person themself or someone else whose actions are beyond their control.
It's not easy being evil...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”